Call for Nominations - ISSWSH Board of Directors
- Created: Wednesday, 01 September 2021
ISSWSH is now accepting nominations for the open board positions noted in this email. Terms for these positions will begin March 1, 2022.
If you are interested in one of these leadership positions within ISSWSH and meet the stated qualifications to serve, you may self-nominate OR may nominate another member you feel would serve ISSWSH well in the position. All nominees will be vetted by the Nomination Committee to ensure that they meet the qualifications for the position for which they are nominated. Qualified candidates will then be included on a ballot for election by the membership. Voting will be conducted electronically.
To review the qualifications to serve as an Officer, Director-at-large, or Committee Chair CLICK HERE
Open Board Positions
Each of the positions open for nomination is a voting member of the Board of Directors. For further information please review the ISSWSH Bylaws.
- President-Elect (2-year term): Serves as an officer on the Executive Committee and shall assist the President in developing the agenda for all meetings and shall chair meetings in the absence of the President. The President-elect shall ascend to President at conclusion of the term.
- Secretary (2-year term): Serves as an officer on the Executive Committee and shall be responsible for maintaining minutes of all meetings of the Board of Directors and the annual meeting of the members and collecting and reviewing the minutes of all committee meetings. The Secretary may be assisted in these duties by the professional administrator.
- Director-at-Large (2-year term): Represents the interest of the general membership on the Board of Directors.
- Education Committee Chair (2-year term): Oversees the committee that is responsible to develop educational content of the Fall Course, Sexual Pain Course, the Annual Meeting Pre-Course, Instructional Courses and Lunch & Learns. In addition, oversee organizing regularly scheduled webinars, and for the annual review and update of the ISSWSH Slide Deck.
- Membership Committee Chair (2-year term): Oversees the committee that is primarily responsible for reviewing and vetting membership applications to the society. Memberships are approved by the Board of Directors.
- Scientific Program Co-Chair (1-year term): Will serve alongside the Scientific Meeting Chair and ascend to Chair position at conclusion of the term. The Scientific Program Committee shall be responsible for planning and oversight of the Annual Meeting and is responsible for ensuring the highest possible scientific quality. The committee will be responsible for approval of all the abstracts and invited speakers.
- Social Media Committee Chair (2-year term): Oversee the committee that is responsible for promoting the organization and its mission to advance women’s sexual health through Social Media platforms.
Step 1: Review the open positions and qualifications.
Step 2: Nominate yourself or another ISSWSH member. To nominate yourself, complete the Nomination Form.
- Nominations will be accepted through Sunday, October 3, 2021.
Step 3: Mark your calendar for the electronic voting period (December 6, 2021 – January 9, 2022).
*The nominating committee reserves the right to determine whether the candidate fulfils the qualifications needed to run for office.