In keeping with the mission of ISSWSH, the board of directors has developed a fellowship program. Designation of ISSWSH Fellow (IF) signifies training in the interdisciplinary, collaborative management of Female Sexual Health within a clinical or research track. ISSWSH Fellowship is based on stringent and objective criteria as outlined below to determine both initial certification, renewal of certification and the grandfathering of fellows.
CRITERIA FOR APPLYING FOR ISSWSH FELLOWSHIP:
- Must be a current Active Member of ISSWSH in good standing.
- ISSWSH membership dues must be current.
- Statement of Work in the field of female sexuality (2 pages maximum or 1000 words).
- Statement of education in human sexuality (1 page maximum or 500 words).
- Copies of CME / CE certificates that total 75 credits.
This must include, at minimum: Two ISSWSH Training Courses or one ISSWSH Training Course and one ISSWSH Annual meeting within the last 3 years.
- Statement attesting that the applicant has read and understands the ISSWSH bylaws.
- Copy of current professional license in the specialty of designated.
- Two letters of recommendation from ISSWSH Fellows in good standing.
- Curriculum Vitae, which must include your current employment.
IT IS REQUESTED THAT APPLICATIONS BE SUBMITTED BY EMAIL TO FACILITATE COMMITTEE REVIEW OF THE APPLICATION.
Initial Fellowship fee is USD 300.00
The duration of the ISSWSH Fellowship (IF) status is for a 5-year term. After the 5-year period recertification is required. Active ISSWSH membership is required for the ISSWSH Fellowship (IF) certificate if the participant allows his or her ISSWSH membership to lapse, so too would the designation of ISSWSH Fellowship (IF).
REQUIREMENTS FOR ISSWSH FELLOWSHIP (IF) MAINTENANCE/RENEWAL
After the initial IF certification period of 5 years, an ISSWSH Fellow (IF) can maintain his/her fellowship by completion of 75 CME/CEs within the previous five-year period and reapplying to ISSWSH.
- The 75 credits must be derived from at LEAST one ISSWSH Annual Meeting or one ISSWSH Training Course (or equivalent-authorized by Fellowship committee), within the previous 5 years.
- A fellow is encouraged to participate in outreach that promotes the ISSWSH mission in the form of providing CME, public education or publications. Thus, fellows can receive 2-hour credit per occurrence by providing a copy of the conference schedule or letter of acknowledgement or publication.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the ISSWSH Executive Office.