Fernand Labrie Distinguished Investigator Award
Dr. Fernand Labrie was a remarkable scientist, an innovative researcher, a prolific author and an undisputed visionary. He spoke about intracrinology more than twenty years ago to the early ISSWSH membership and has presented his research many times since. Dr. Labrie’s basic science research led to the development of a new class of treatments for women with sexual dysfunction. His passion for safe and efficacious treatments for women with sexual health concerns was always respected by the ISSWSH leadership and has led to the executive committee wanting to laud his accomplishments and encourage researchers to emulate him.
The establishment of the Fernand Labrie Distinguished Investigator Award provides the recipient with a prize of up to $5,000 and was made possible through a generous grant by AMAG Pharmaceuticals.
The Fernand Labrie Distinguished Investigator Award is intended to recognize an early to mid-career investigator who has demonstrated a commitment to women’s sexual health and embodies the qualities Dr. Labrie exhibited as a researcher and scientist.
Candidates should have advanced beyond the postdoctoral or fellowship trainee phase and may work in basic science or clinical research in any discipline related to women’s sexual health. Subject to the discretion of the award committee, senior level researchers holding the equivalent of full professor appointments at an academic or independent research institution would not be eligible for this award.
- Member of ISSWSH
- Early to Mid-Career Sexual Health or Sexual Medicine Researcher (Within 10 years of first independent position after postdoctoral or fellowship training); Assistant or Associate Professor level or equivalent
- Demonstrated commitment to Women’s Sexual Health, as evidenced by the nominee’s body of work in clinical or laboratory research
Step 1: Complete a Nomination Form (See below for additional information and nomination button)
Step 2: ISSWSH will seek additional information from nominee to complete the nomination
Step: 3: Nominations will be reviewed and scored by Research & Grants Committee
Step: 4: Awardee will be notified
Step 5: Announcement will be made at the Annual Meeting
Nominations for award will align with abstract extended submission date for the Annual Meeting. The due date for nominations will be released soon.
- ISSWSH members are not limited in the number of nominations they may submit
- Self-nominations are not permitted
- All nominations will be reviewed for completeness and for meeting the basic nomination criteria and eligibility requirements by the Research and Grants Committee
- The prize money is not intended to be a research grant but part of the recognition for the winner’s accomplishments. The award is not required to be applied towards research.